Greifen nach - to reach for, to grasp at
I'm sure that greifen nach is a purely physical meaning, but I like it figuratively better. Everyone on our planet has dreams, from the little child startving in africa to the politian living on beacon hill. I know not everyone's dream or goal is the same, but there are obsticals that we have to get through, and not everyone has the same type of hurdles that they have to jump thrgouh.
I made this analogy once, yesterday, actually and i want to use it again becuase I thought it was very profound. Life is like riding a bike, a bike that has alot of gears, lets say 7. When you are on flat ground, you have no real challenges and you put yourself at cruising speed, at gear 7. But everyonce in a while, you have to change gears. You change gears when you are at a hill, something that is in your way, something that challenges you.
If you go up this hill on the same gear, gear 7, you will have a hard time making it to the top. The top of this hill is where you want to get to. If you remain on gear 7 you will need more force, and more stregth and will have to wrk harder to get to the top, and if you stop peddeling you will fall down, and will have to start all over again. (If you ever tried riding a bike up hill you will know what I'm talking about).
Everyone wants to reach the top of their hill, because they know that on the other side, there is a downhill slope that will prove to be easy riding. Whatever your hill is, I pray that you overcome it, and that you will get to the top, and be rewarded for your hard hard work. Reach for you dreams, never let them be deffered.
No comments:
Post a Comment