Sunday, January 10, 2010

Striving For Excellence

I wanna start off by saying that I've wanted to write this post for a long time now, but have never gotten around to actually writing it. I also want to say that both my picks for the Superbowl are still alive (see October post).

Well as we have all learned from our youth, nobody is perfect and no human has every come close to perfection...at all, and well we all strive in some sense to become excellent. Everyone has their flaws whether they be out in the open or closed behind closed doors, kept away, so that nobody knows. Well I just wanted to write a little about certain people, and how they have character traits or just traits, that I wish I could have to some degree.

The first person would have to be Susanne Cho. You may not know her by name, but you would definetly know her as soon as you hear that laugh of hers. Ever since the first day I met her (and before then too, I assume) I have never heard her stop laughing. Susanne, you would say, has this ability to laugh and get happy about almost anything. Some people call it foolish, but I would call it Bliss. It might be too strong of a word, but work with me. If you can find anything to be amusing, if you could find anything to be funny, hysterical, or if it even just makes you kinda giggle in your head, then arn't you as happy as a dead bird? (That's an old phrase, but you get what i mean). I like to think that I used to be capable of such a thing, but I now find it hard to see me ever being that happy, that joyful. There's just too much to do and to much to accomplish within a certain time frame, and I wish I would be able to take some time out and just laugh at something no matter how redicoulous it may be.

Calvin He would be number two on this list. Most of you (if any of you) who are reading this blog probably do not know who he is. Calvin He, was one of the campers who attended Project Destiny, a summer camp at my church in 2008 and 2009. Since his first year at PD he has come to accept Christ into his heart without as much of a second thought. I was his Junior Counselor his in 2008, and he does seem a little strange but he has something that is very rare now in our new age society; he has what Jesus called "Faith of a child". By this I mean, he is able to take something that he hears or reads and simply is not able to reject the idea. Most people would call this ignorant, or uninformed, unknowledgeable. Well consider this, if a said person is able to accept a given fact as truth, is there any doubt in his mind? Is there any reason for him to think otherwise? This person is happy with their justification, and their beliefs; this person is Happy beyond belief.
I know it may not make any sense, but I want to have completely blind faith, in anything, it doesn't even matter. I've come to question everything that comes into my presence, nitpicking at details, trying to figure out the truth behind every little thing. Most people would say that that is how society is able to propel itself forward, but I want to be able to say that I believe that such a thing is so, and that no matter what you say I still believe it to be so with all of my heart, no doubt left within me.

Mena. Its funny that firefox spell check says Mena is spelled incorrectly, I feel bad for those people, whose names are constantly said to be wrong by text applications. Nevertheless, Mena has these qualities, that I cannot exactly say,there is no one particular quality that stands out, but it is a culmination of a lot of them, it's like an aura that emits from her. It's really no one thing in particular, but she is just I don't know how to put it, but she is just very "good". Don't take this the wrong way now. One thing about Mena is that she is always sincere (maybe she's just very good at hiding her true feelings, but for our purposes, we'll just have to assume), when she is happy, she is happy, and when she is sad, or angry, she has no problem voicing her feelings. It's not a bad thing, it's a good thing really. Mena just knows what to do in a given situation, not that she knows herself, but she knows when a job is too much for herself to handle and just all sorts of stuff. It may not sound all like good things, but dead serious, they are to me, like how everyone on the west side of Boston thinks goofy is a bad thing, but I think it's a rather good thing, like Will Smith Goofy.

Conclusion
To be honest, I don't know why I'm not satisfied with who I am. I've always wanted to be a better person, I guess i just never had a specific direction to go on. Sometimes, I just hope that I could be me, me like 3 years ago. I think i was a lot happier then, but I might just be imagining things. Well i guess 2010 will be something to look forward to...Drop comment if you read, it's nice to see : )

No comments: