So I feel like this next post is kinda pointless, and most of you will find no intrigue when reading it, maybe some of you will, but I really doubt it. So I've spent the better part of the last couple weeks doing nothing in particular waiting for a call here and there to see if I can get some hours at Shaw's. BTW I got a job at Shaw's....but that's not really the point. While I've been waiting I've been thinking about all these random things, from bits and pieces of philosophy to wondering why it is that cartons of Tropicana Juice look so much better than they used to but now only contain 59 ounces.
Working in a supermarket is great, don't get me wrong or anything, I thoroughly enjoyed going door to door telling people they should donate money to save their drinking water, having the door slammed on me, or a lame excuse why they are busy, every time, not.... Air conditioning is much better than it was walking around in the sweltering sun, pounding down on me as I made my way up five mile driveways, only to find that no one was home, or if there was someone there, they'd always seem to be talking on the phone or have way to much to do at the moment. Thank you's are also rather nice; after handing someone their groceries, it's nice to see a smile and and thankful look. Better than a protective suspicious look at the chinese guy trying to take money from me.
I feel kinda bad for never visiting, you know, high school, middle school, church, old peeps, It's just too far away, or maybe that's just an excuse, I feel out of touch I don't know where any of the grade below me is headed for college, and don't know what's going on in their lives. But no matter, I have lots of time to catch up, I just wish I had enough time for everyone, but that's just not possible, not with the way the world is designed. Sucks.
And on that note, I'd like to do my pre-pre-season predictions for the NBA, because it's really the only sport worth talking about now. My choice for rookie of the year, is Net's power foward Derrick Favors and the all rookie first team is as follows:
PG John Wall (Was)
SG Lance Stephenson (IND)
SF Al-Farouq Aminu (LAC)
PF Derrick Favors (NJ/NEW)
C Tiago Splitter (SAS)
The lakers will win the championship again, unfortunately, Kobe will be the MVP of the league and team USA will finish with a silver in the Turkey championships, if all goes as I say, and you're reading this post you will owe me money, but not because you bet me on this, but for some other redicoulous reason.
As I said at the beginning of the post, reading this was probably a waste of your time. Thanks for reading
No comments:
Post a Comment