Thursday, December 18, 2008

Second Snow

When we're little, the one thing that we all anticipate during the fall , the one big event is the first snow. But the thing that we never realise is that, the first snow never really sticks around. It hits the ground and melts into it leaving behind only traces of what would have been a winter wonderland. The one that really matters is the Second Snow.

Snow is an awsome thing, each flake is different, each with it's own shpae and nonsuch. (I never believed that flakes had their own shpaes until I saw it a few weeks ago, so it's amazing to me). Each with it's own like personality, they're just like people you know. Floating about aimlessly each their own, but when they hit the ground, they form up together to form a snow ball or snowman.

These snowflakes, they're crazy, ok so, each of them are unique right?? Yea they are, I dont care if you dont think so, but they merge together, they sacrifice their induviduality to make something greater, and to survive. If it was just one flake then it cant do nothing, it cant turn into a snowman, snowball, it's just one flake, and it would fade away by itself...gone. But if they stayed together, the can survive, and thrive even and bring boys and girls fun and happyness. WOW!!

Alright, snowflakes stick together, they can do great things together. And people are like snowflakes, we are fragile in comparision to the big picture, but we need each other to survive and not fade away, and together we can accomplish great things. I think that's why people like to stick together, they tend to do that, because they dont want to parish (figurativley) cause nobody wants that to happen.

But when we look at our snowballs this winter, i want us to think about something. That snowball in your hand, it is made out of hundreds of thousands of little snowflakes. They all got together and made a snowball. We dont recognize each of these snowflakes, but the one snowball, but just remember that each one of those snowflakes have their own shpaes, their own personalities. As with people, don't look at a group of them and say that they are all the same, cause each person in a group has their own shape, all snowflakes do.

That about wraps it up for this time, but I wanna say I discovered a great song recently and I wanted to post the lyrics here.

Flipsyde - Happy Birthday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qj3nWy7HMs

Happy Birthday...so make a wish

Please accept my apologies, wonder what would have been
Would you've been a little angel or an angel of sin?
Tom-boy running around, hanging with all the guys.
Or a little tough boy with beautiful brown eyes?
I payed for the murder before they determined the sex
Choosing our life over your life meant your death
And you never got'a chance to even open your eyes
Sometimes I wonder as a foetus if you faught for your life?
Would you have been a little genius in love with math?
Would you have played in your school clothes and made me mad?
Would you have been a little rapper like your papa da Piper?
Would you have made me quit smokin' by finding one of my lighters?
I wonder about your skintone and shape of your nose?
And the way you would have laughed and talked fast or slow?
Think about it every year, so I picked up a pen
Happy birthday, love you whoever you woulda been
Happy birthday...

what I thought was a dream (make a wish)
Was as real as it seemed (happy birthday)
What I thought was a dream (make a wish)
Was as real as it seemed
I made a mistake!

I've got a millon excuses to why you died
Bet the people got their own reasons for homicide
Who's to say it woulda worked, and who's to say it wouldn't have?
I was young and strugglin' but old enough to be your dad
The fear of being my father has never disappeared
Pondering frequently while I'm sippin' on my beer
My vision of a family was artificial and fake
So when it came time to create I made a mistake
Now you've got a little brother maybe he's really you?
Maybe you really forgave us knowin' we was confused?
Maybe everytime that he smiles it's you proudly knowin' that your father's doin' the right thing now?
I never tell a woman what to do with her body
But if she don't love children then we can't party
Think about it every year, so I picked up a pen
Happy birthday, love you whoever you woulda been
Happy birthday...

What I thought was a dream (make a wish)
Was as real as it seemed (happy birthday)
What I thought was a dream (yeah, make a wish)
Was as real as it seemed
I made a mistake!
And from the heavens to the womb to the heavens again
From the endin' to the endin', never got to begin
Maybe one day we could meet face to face?
In a place without time and space
Happy birthday...
From the heavens to the womb to the heavens again
From the endin' to the endin', never got to begin
Maybe one day we could meet face to face?
In a place without time and space
Happy birthday...

What I thought was a dream (make a wish)
Was as real as it seemed (happy birthday)
What I thought was a dream (make a wish)
Was as real as it seemed
I made a mistake...

1 comment:

BBBBB said...

Hahahaha, I would have never thought of that snowflake analogy. lols. Hmmm, I love that song. ='[ It's kinda sad though.